Harvest Manager (Full-Time)
Company/Location: Forest Distribution & Logistics Limited
Human Connections Group has partnered exclusively with Forest Distribution & Logistics Limited for the appointment of a Harvest Manager at their headquarters based in Mosgiel.
Forest Distribution & Logistics is a key part of The Burns Group 2018 Limited which operates a variety of businesses ranging from cartage, excavation and forestry to both NZ and Overseas clients. The group operates with efficiency and seek like-minded individuals to join their team.
Based at their offices in Mosgiel, the focus of this role is for an experienced Harvesting Manager to plan and manage clear-fell harvesting operations, maximise stumpage, and maintain involvement throughout the supply chain to meet the company’s specified objectives.
We are looking for a highly competent person who can provide an excellent client focused service and has experience within the logging industry. Knowledge of forestry regulations and compliance would also be highly advantageous.
You will have operational management supervision of the entire wood flow supply chain, including roading, multiple harvesting operations, transportation and customer delivery requirements. You will also be required to manage the preparation and execution of operational harvest plans considering grade mix potential, terrain and harvest systems. You must display a clear understanding of environmental requirements, cost alternatives, wood flow impacts and value recovery to the harvest plan, closure of harvesting operations and hand over of harvest areas for replant.
Please send your resume and covering letter outlining your experience in the above attributes to Adrian Hollamby via: [email protected] or call on +64 (0)27 273 0315.
- A Tertiary qualification in forestry or significant practical experience in production forestry
- Strong Harvest Planning skills
- An in-depth knowledge of health and safety
- Analytical ability including excellent computer and data analysis skills
- Experience managing contractors
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Problem solving and analysis
- Demonstrable strong attention to detail and delivers to deadlines
- Commercial acumen
- Relationship builder
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, across a variety of audiences.
- Ability and willingness to develop effective relationships with colleagues to facilitate high service levels across the organisation
- Excellent multi-tasking, time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrable understanding of confidentiality, policies and regulations
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand