Chief Executive Officer
Company/Location: Central North Island
Following the semi-retirement of the current company leader we are looking for a replacement Chief Executive Officer for this successful privately owned mid-sized manufacturing and servicing company with customers in NZ, Australia and Canada. The company has been in existence for many decades with a proven track record in providing high quality products and technical innovation to its customers. Thode is now poised for substantial growth in new developing markets giving the incoming CEO an opportunity to make their mark on the business.
Ideally the CEO would be Central North Island based although there is some flexibility with this for the right candidate.
Reporting to the board of directors including the retiring manager, the new CEO’s duties include:
- Ultimate responsibility for the day to day running of the business.
- Responsible for the retention of existing clients and the acquisition of new business.
- Formulate appropriate marketing strategies to identify and target future clients and projects.
- Maintain and oversee the operational requirements of the company.
- Monitor activity of the business through reports from the division managers.
- Ensure that the company has sufficient resources, planning and prioritization to complete production targets on time and within budget.
- Prepare capex proposals as required.
The right candidate will be rewarded with:
- Preferably a minimum of 4-5 years' experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Have a good understanding and commitment to Health & Safety legislation.
- Proven leadership skills with an emphasis on driving and achieving business targets.
- Experience of leading manufacturing processes (in any industry) as well as successfully retaining and developing new customers with identifiable skills in sales and marketing.
- An understanding of "best practice" procedures regarding HR.
- Relevant supporting qualification(s) preferred.
- A highly positive, enthusiastic and energetic persona.
- Commercially and financially astute, with a high level of attention to detail.
Please forward your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A competitive market salary
- Other benefits including company vehicle, phone, Kiwisaver and medical insurance
Applications close: Friday, 20-Aug-2021